Mastering UML and Patterns
Live Instructor-Led Classroom Training
From Beginner to Expert in 5 Days
This 5-day workshop equips those in attendance with skills in all phases of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design (OOA&D), using the standard Unified Modeling Language (UML) methodologies. Attendees will learn how to consider any subject matter, identify all its concepts and relationships, and express them through using the UML concepts and tools. It offers a balanced blend of lectures (40%) and immersive labs (60%) which together renders the learning process fun, interactive, very thorough, and above all – relevant.
This workshop follows the structure of The Complete UML Training Course authored by the creators of UML — Grady Booch, James Rumbaugh, and Ivar Jacobson, all of Rational Software Corp.
Who Should Attend
Java developers, project leads, executives, and application architects.
None specified. This workshop will equip interested parties from many other disciples. It is designed to take them from scratch to adeptness at using the UML tools to effectively model and collaborate together.
- Understand and intelligently discuss the UML and how its standards can keep everyone "on the same page".
- Design any processes they see around them in UML (students will be so steeped in UML projects, they often dream about them at night!).
- Design and model software and people processes in components able to be exposed as XML Web Services.
- Get themselves "unstuck" from knotty design problems.
- Read and understand the 6 major UML models.
- Know how to intelligently apply their knowledge and make a difference in live projects the very next week.
- Know how to model synchronous and asynchronous processes.
- Understand state-of-the-art use of UML in building a Service-Oriented Architecture.
- Understand state-of-the-art use of UML in automating workflows and business processes.
- Understand state-of-the-art modeling of embedded security subsystems.
- Gained invaluable lab experience in Object-Oriented Analysis and Design using UML to build a library of reusable components that can be "snapped together" at will to create new applications.
- Gain a big-picture perspective of where software modeling is headed and the critical role standardized UML will be playing in its future.
A leader in live technical training since 1978
For many years New Instruction, LLC had been known as an innovative provider of training, consulting and software development services, and clients have often asked us to share our software quality methodologies with them. Those requests led to the development of our longest running workshop, "Testing and Quality Assurance Techniques", now in it's 11th edition.