Developing Effective Requirements Specifications
Live Instructor-Led Classroom Training
A Universal Approach to Business Analysis
A 3-day workshop for business analysts, information systems personnel and project managers. Experienced and novice IT professionals will benefit from this very understandable foundation workshop. The workshop deals with structured analysis techniques that are the basis for all the current methods and tools. This workshop will complement and can be used with all known methodologies. The workshop itself is methodology neutral.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to analyze a new or existing system project and develop an effective requirements specification. The latest analysis techniques are combined with effective, proven modeling methods. The workshop focuses on developing complete and accurate requirements in the shortest possible time. The material is based on practical and effective methods that have evolved from many years of experiences with software projects.
The workshop is heavily "hands on" (about 65%). There are no automated tools: All work is simulation of real situations and done in teams relying heavily on group interaction.
Who Should Attend
This seminar is extremely helpful for Business Analysts, Systems Analysts and Designers, Software Engineers, Systems Project Leaders, and also for Systems Users (Subject Matter Experts) who participate in developing requirements specifications.
Program Code: E174-001 PD Hours / CEUs: 21
- Create an effective partnership between a business/customer group and the system development group.
- Effectively fulfil the BA role of "advocate for the user".
- Use an efficient process and structure for capturing and recording business requirements.
- Identify scope boundaries and develop a high-level view of a project domain.
- Create detailed business requirements by analyzing and define the business processes, data and rules.
- Find the right questions to get the complete requirements.
- Validate the requirements throughout the process.
- Create a clear, complete and accurate requirements specification.
A leader in live technical training since 1978
For many years New Instruction, LLC had been known as an innovative provider of training, consulting and software development services, and clients have often asked us to share our software quality methodologies with them. Those requests led to the development of our longest running workshop, "Testing and Quality Assurance Techniques", now in it's 11th edition.