A Universal Approach to Systems Analysis
Live Instructor-Led Classroom Training
A Gathering Requirements Workshop
At the end of this 3-day workshop, participants will be able to analyze a new or existing system project and develop a requirements specification. The latest analysis techniques are combined with effective proven modeling methods. The workshop focuses on developing complete and accurate requirements in the shortest possible time. The material is based on practical and effective methods that have evolved from many years of experiences with software projects.
Experienced and novice IS professionals will benefit from this very understandable foundation workshop. The workshop deals with structured analysis techniques that are the basis for all the current methods and tools. This workshop will complement and support product and tool specific training and can be used with all known methodologies. The workshop itself is methodology neutral.
The workshop is heavily "hands on" (about 65%). There are no automated tools, all work is simulation of real situations and done in teams relying heavily on group interaction.
The workshop deals with the analysis phase of a project and shows how to create the right environment for analysis, how to effectively document the findings and how to ask all the right questions.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is extremely helpful for systems project leaders, systems analysts and designers, software engineers, data administrators and systems users who are involved in developing requirements specifications.
- Identify scope boundaries and develop a high-level view of a project.
- Identify the structure of the application area or system under study.
- Analyze, define and model the processes.
- Analyze, define and model the data.
- Use rules and structure to test the results.
- Understand the various methods of gathering information.
- Create a clear, complete and accurate requirements specification.
- Understand how the requirements specification components support the design.
- Understand the design processes that will follow the analysis phase.
A leader in live technical training since 1978
For many years New Instruction, LLC had been known as an innovative provider of training, consulting and software development services, and clients have often asked us to share our software quality methodologies with them. Those requests led to the development of our longest running workshop, "Testing and Quality Assurance Techniques", now in it's 11th edition.