Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
Live Instructor-Led Classroom Training
This 3-day workshop walks developers through the process of learning Microsoft Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF). The workshop covers the essentials of WPF, providing an orientation to this technology and a firm foundation for creating applications.
WPF is a complex technology that can have a steep learning curve. The workshop approaches the subject in a practical manner, introducing the participant to the fundamentals of creating Windows applications using the features of WPF. It includes coverage of both traditional concepts such as controls and new concepts such as XAML, flexible layout, and the loosely-coupled command architecture of WPF. The workshop is heavily hands-on with many example programs and lab exercises.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is designed for application developers that wish to quickly become proficient at developing applications using WPF. The workshop illustrates and explains how to create and manage media, graphics, and animations. It also illustrates WPF controls and styles and explains resources, data binding, and document types.
Developers who wish to create applications using WPF should attend as well as development team managers. Designers who will be working with development teams that utilize WPF will also benefit from this workshop.
- Gain an understanding of the philosophy and architecture of WPF.
- Create Windows applications using the classes provided by WPF.
- Understand the principles of XAML and create applications using a combination of code and XAML.
- Use the layout features of WPF to create flexible and attractive user interfaces.
- Implement event- and command-driven applications with windows, menus, dialogs, toolbars and other common user interface features.
- Learn about the controls available in WPF and how to customize and bind them to data.
- Build various types of documents that can be created using WPF.
- Experiment with graphics, media, and animation in WPF.
- Make WPF applications more secure and portable by using resource files.
A leader in live technical training since 1978
For many years New Instruction, LLC had been known as an innovative provider of training, consulting and software development services, and clients have often asked us to share our software quality methodologies with them. Those requests led to the development of our longest running workshop, "Testing and Quality Assurance Techniques", now in it's 11th edition.