Project Time Management
Live Instructor-Led Classroom Training
Effective time management is a very important skill for a project manager and for each member of the team. Lost time translates into lost revenue which can never be recouped. Participants will understand with clear task definition, sound activity planning and proper sequencing of activities projects will move in an optimal and timely manner. In this workshop, we focus on the techniques and strategies to complete projects on-time and within budget.
This 2-day workshop is a combination of lecture combined with hands-on exercises and simulations to reinforce the learning.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is aimed at those who have an interest in the principles of project management, in particular those who wish to learn how to effectively deal with time management. It is beneficial for everyone from the trainee project manager to the more experienced person responsible for managing and leading projects.
- Differentiate among tasks, activities, and events.
- Convert an activity list into a network diagram.
- Differentiate between bottom-up and top-down estimating.
- Calculate expected activity completion time.
- Understand how CPM, PERT and GERT are used.
- Apply methods of duration compression during schedule development.
- Classify the tools and techniques available.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of project time management.
- Learn strategies to define and sequence activities in a project.
- Deliver on time and within budget.
A leader in live technical training since 1978
For many years New Instruction, LLC had been known as an innovative provider of training, consulting and software development services, and clients have often asked us to share our software quality methodologies with them. Those requests led to the development of our longest running workshop, "Testing and Quality Assurance Techniques", now in it's 11th edition.