Project Cost Management
Live Instructor-Led Classroom Training
This program provides participants with the skills and processes necessary to estimate the costs and resources necessary for the project. The learning path demonstrates how resource planning, cost estimation, budgeting and control are applied to close the project on time and within budget. Participants will develop a cost baseline and develop techniques and strategies to control costs throughout the life of the project.
This 2-day workshop is a combination of lecture combined with hands-on exercises and simulations to reinforce the learning.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is aimed at those who have an interest in the principles of project management, in particular those who wish to learn how to effectively deal with cost management. It is beneficial for everyone from the trainee project manager to the more experienced person responsible for managing and leading projects.
- Identify project objectives and justification.
- Create resource pool description.
- Use the work breakdown structure (WBS) to estimate project costs.
- Calculate estimate costs for the project.
- Apply methods and budgeting concepts to develop a the budget.
- Execute Cost Baseline.
- Discuss the factors which affect the budget.
- Avoid common estimating pitfalls.
- Learn how to control and manage costs throughout the project.
A leader in live technical training since 1978
For many years New Instruction, LLC had been known as an innovative provider of training, consulting and software development services, and clients have often asked us to share our software quality methodologies with them. Those requests led to the development of our longest running workshop, "Testing and Quality Assurance Techniques", now in it's 11th edition.