Application Development with Microsoft Office SharePoint Server
Live Instructor-Led Classroom Training
Microsoft SharePoint 2007 provides an extensive range of functionality including enterprise content management, automation of business processes, business intelligence, and reporting. This 5-day workshop is designed for those responsible for customizing and creating new functionality and feature enhancements within the platform.
We will cover how to configure a SharePoint web application, set permissions, and then move into customization options. Participants will come away with an understanding of how to customize the "look and feel" through the use of styles, themes, master pages, controls, and web parts, and they will learn how to integrate with back-end Line-of-Business (LOB) applications. Participants will learn how to develop custom workflows (designed using Microsoft Visual Studio, and based upon Windows Workflow Foundation), and incorporate security, debugging, custom site definition lists, and site templates.
This workshop is heavily hands-on. It covers the principles and practices of how to deploy, manage, customize, and maintain SharePoint by taking the participants through each phase of the deployment — and covering possible issues that might impact team development effort — using Visual Studio 2008 and SharePoint Server.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is intended for experienced SharePoint developers, and will guide them through the process of architecting and developing SharePoint applications and customizations. This workshop is a very intense, hands-on boot camp type of workshop.
- Describe Site and Workspace management and Document storage.
- Describe Integration with ASP.NET and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007.
- Programmatically manipulate Sites, Lists, Content Types and Collaborative features.
- Program with WSS and using the WSS Event model.
- Make use of the Property Bag and Change Log.
- Work with SharePoint Pages, Master Pages and Content Pages.
- Create Custom Views and Templates.
- SharePoint Designer.
- Create Web parts and Workflow support.
- Describe and implement the Business Intelligence Features.
- Describe how to create deployable Windows SharePoint Services-based solutions.
- Describe the Feature framework.
- Describe the Solution deployment model.
A leader in live technical training since 1978
For many years New Instruction, LLC had been known as an innovative provider of training, consulting and software development services, and clients have often asked us to share our software quality methodologies with them. Those requests led to the development of our longest running workshop, "Testing and Quality Assurance Techniques", now in it's 11th edition.