Introduction to Python
Live Instructor-Led Classroom Training
This 3- or 4-day hands-on workshop will provide a complete introduction to an increasingly popular programming language which is the "scripting language of choice" at companies such as Google, YouTube, Industrial Light and Magic, and NASA. Python is extremely easy to use, with a consistent interface and clean, readable syntax, yet it can be employed to create powerful programs and programming systems on a variety of platforms. The workshop covers all core language features, including types, operators, statements, classes, functions, modules and exceptions -- and shows how to solve common programming tasks and write complete standalone applications.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is geared toward programmers, systems administrators, webmasters, system support specialists, network administrators, and any IT professional who needs to solve problems and create up-and-running systems quickly.
- Write and run Python programs.
- Read and modify existing programs.
- Understand the Python class and object system and its built-in classes.
- Use Python's built-in classes to store string, numeric, sequence and paired data.
- Use Python's control structures to create complex algorithms.
- Create and use functions.
- Create, use and distribute reusable Python modules.
- Understand and use Python's elegant exception handling system.
- Understand Python's user-defined classes, objects and object methods.
A leader in live technical training since 1978
For many years New Instruction, LLC had been known as an innovative provider of training, consulting and software development services, and clients have often asked us to share our software quality methodologies with them. Those requests led to the development of our longest running workshop, "Testing and Quality Assurance Techniques", now in it's 11th edition.