Software Project Estimating and Scheduling
Live Instructor-Led Classroom Training
This is a 3-day workshop that will enable participants to improve their estimating and scheduling skills and increase confidence in their work.
The focus of the workshop is on practical and effective methods that have been proven from experience with thousands of software projects. This workshop creates an understanding of the underlying nature, dynamics and characteristics of software projects and the way they influence estimating and scheduling.
The workshop shows you how to estimate software projects reliably. It covers practical approaches to estimating as well as various techniques to use in different situations. You are shown how to select the most appropriate estimating technique for a specific situation and how to adjust the formulae and models to best fit your situation.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is extremely helpful for systems project managers, analysts, designers, software developers, and anyone else who may be involved in software estimating or scheduling.
- Provide an understanding of the estimating process.
- Provide an understanding of the scheduling process.
- Identify various estimating strategies and techniques in use.
- Develop a working knowledge of some of the techniques using case studies.
- Provide a forum for discussing ideas, concerns, and estimating issues.
- Enable participants to start using at least two methods from this workshop.
- Enable participants to create standard estimating and scheduling practices and techniques in their environment.
- Enable participants to improve their estimating and scheduling skills.
A leader in live technical training since 1978
For many years New Instruction, LLC had been known as an innovative provider of training, consulting and software development services, and clients have often asked us to share our software quality methodologies with them. Those requests led to the development of our longest running workshop, "Testing and Quality Assurance Techniques", now in it's 11th edition.