Applied Critical Thinker's ToolKit: Business Process Analysis
Live Instructor-Led Classroom Training
This 3-day workshop is designed to enable teams to apply and extend the principles learned in the Critical Thinker's ToolKit workshop also offered by New Instruction. The workshop is grounded in neuroscience research, analytical thinking practices from the CIA, and business process analysis best practices. Attendees will experience an intense, immersive, comprehensive, "hands-on-brain" walkthrough of what is demanded of today's new breed of Business Process Analysts.
The experiential workshop holds as its primary objective, the equipping of participants for the challenging task of understanding human thought processes that lead to the actions that make up the processes that causes work to flow through a company. In addition, you will stretch your communication skills to better enable you to extract information from experts who have long since forgotten how and why they do what they do. This unique type of interviewing skill allows you to better visualize "what is" and open the door for "what should be". Strategically placed throughout this workshop are "Hands-On-Brain" experiential exercises that simulate the real world conditions the skills will be used within. This workshop will be comprised of 1/3 lecture and 2/3 lab exercises.
Who Should Attend
Senior managers, project managers, business domain experts, technical project leads, business analysts, customer support personnel, and IT staff who may be involved in a BPM initiative and want to experience greater effectiveness in their respective roles. Non-programmers and programmers alike will gain insight into how they and others think and how thinking translates into the actions that make up business processes.
3-day Critical Thinker's ToolKit workshop.
- Apply critical thinking skills to the discipline of business process analysis and design.
- Watch yourself think and be able to make adjustments "on the fly" to better give any situation what it most needs.
- Conduct deep analysis of complex situations using proven CIA tactics.
- Develop and enhance the ability to think in the three dimensions necessary to work within the new paradigm of business analysis that views work not so much as functional silos, but as connected end-to-end business processes.
- Actually analyze an area of business and model its processes!
- Become a master "systems sleuth", detecting proposed system points of integration and user requirements, and mapping them onto a series of mental models.
- Follow a step-by-step process for interviewing, eliciting, researching, and documenting requirements of both O-O systems and SOA initiatives.
A leader in live technical training since 1978
For many years New Instruction, LLC had been known as an innovative provider of training, consulting and software development services, and clients have often asked us to share our software quality methodologies with them. Those requests led to the development of our longest running workshop, "Testing and Quality Assurance Techniques", now in it's 11th edition.