Effective Writing Skills
Live Instructor-Led Classroom Training
Learn how to meet the challenge of "putting it in writing" — whether you're writing letters, memos, e-mails, proposals, or other documents. This 2-day workshop is designed to give you the confidence to master what people struggle with the most: how to think clearly and write what you mean.
If you can't get your point across concisely, you risk losing or confusing your readers. If you can't learn to edit yourself, you risk looking sloppy and unprofessional — an image that could extend to your company when you communicate with vendors or new potential customers. To be sure, written communication gives you more time to think than a hurried conversation at the coffee pot or over the phone — but you should use that time wisely.
In this 2-day workshop, lecturing is kept to a minimum in favor of an emphasis on realistic writing exercises on topics relevant to your workplace. You will engage in constant peer review and be encouraged to share your writing problems and occasional successes. In all cases, the instructor will take a careful look at each writer's work and offer detailed advice. The instructor will address any other problems that crop up in the writing exercises.
Who Should Attend
Managers, technical professionals, analysts, marketing team members, administrative staff — everyone in your organization who has to communicate their ideas throughout the work day.
- Gain self-confidence as a communicator.
- Be more productive by reducing delays, errors and misunderstandings.
- Understand the primary importance of knowing your readers before you begin to write.
- Appreciate the premise that writing is thinking, that it gives you the opportunity to look smart and professional.
- Edit yourself rigorously with an eye to quality control.
- Develop your own "voice" as a writer while avoiding a too-personal and emotional tone.
- Organize your thoughts before you begin writing.
- Keep written communications efficient and effective.
- Create action and response in the reader.
- Manage and store email efficiently with an eye toward privacy.
A leader in live technical training since 1978
For many years New Instruction, LLC had been known as an innovative provider of training, consulting and software development services, and clients have often asked us to share our software quality methodologies with them. Those requests led to the development of our longest running workshop, "Testing and Quality Assurance Techniques", now in it's 11th edition.