SQL Server System Administration
Live Instructor-Led Classroom Training
This 4-day workshop walks administrators through the process of learning how to administer SQL Server 2005. In this workshop, participants will learn how to install SQL Server 2005; use the SQL Server 2005 client tools to administer databases and create database applications; administer the database engine; use SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to import, export, and transform data; use SQL Server Replication to synchronize data between databases; use SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) to create dynamic database reports; perform intelligent and complex queries using SQL Server Full-Text Search (SSFTS); use SQL Server Notification Services (SSNS) to push data updates to subscribing users; and use SQL Server Service Broker to establish asynchronous communications between database applications. We discuss several new programmability features available in SQL Server 2005 including integration of the database engine and the .NET Common Language Runtime (CLR). By the end of this hands-on workshop participants will know how to configure SQL Server to make data highly available and to protect data against disasters.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is designed for database administrators who need to gain knowledge of administering SQL Server 2005, one of the top three enterprise databases in the industry, by completing real-world exercises. System architects and managers should also attend to become familiar with the technologies and tools included with SQL Server 2005 and how SQL Server 2005 can be implemented in applications of all sizes.
- Become familiar with the features, functionality, and capacities of SQL Server 2005.
- Install and configure a default instance and a named instance of SQL Server 2005.
- Take a tour of the SQL Server Management Studio and the Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- Monitor and tune performance of indexes, queries, and database operations.
- Create databases, stored procedures, and other database items.
- Secure SQL Server 2005 against malicious attacks and unauthorized use.
- Automate administrative tasks.
- Plan for and implement a disaster recovery plan.
- Configure SQL Server 2005 for high availability.
- Extend SQL Server 2005 using CLR objects.
- Import, export, and transform data using SQL Server 2005 Integration Services.
- Implement SQL Server 2005 Notification Services and SQL Server 2005 Replication.
A leader in live technical training since 1978
For many years New Instruction, LLC had been known as an innovative provider of training, consulting and software development services, and clients have often asked us to share our software quality methodologies with them. Those requests led to the development of our longest running workshop, "Testing and Quality Assurance Techniques", now in it's 11th edition.