Microsoft Office SharePoint Server Fundamentals
Live Instructor-Led Classroom Training
The goal of this 2-day workshop is to present participants with an understanding for how to use, operate, and build sites in a Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 environment. Participants first learn about site navigation, data storage, and retrieval through instructor-led modules covering navigation, search, and effective use of lists and libraries. Building on this information, participants then take a deeper dive into site administration, learning how to create and manage sites, lists, libraries, views, and workflows. Security and rights administration are also covered. Functional concepts and best practices are interwoven into the material, providing a framework for the topics discussed.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is intended for Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Server 2007 users who need to create, manage, and publish their work, and communicate in a collaborative environment.
- Understand what SharePoint is.
- Learn the SharePoint environment.
- Work with Document Libraries.
- Check Library Documents in and out.
- Work with Announcements.
- Work with Calendars.
- Work with Tasks.
- Create and manage Meeting Spaces.
- Participate in discussions.
- Write a Blog Post.
- Comment on a Blog Post.
- Subscribe to SharePoint RSS feeds.
- Office Client Integration (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Setting up versioning.
- Creating dynamic presentations with the Slide Library.
- Using alert notifications to know when items are added/changed.
- Creating reusable content with Content Types.
A leader in live technical training since 1978
For many years New Instruction, LLC had been known as an innovative provider of training, consulting and software development services, and clients have often asked us to share our software quality methodologies with them. Those requests led to the development of our longest running workshop, "Testing and Quality Assurance Techniques", now in it's 11th edition.