Live Instructor-Led Classroom Training
This 2-day workshop delivers an intermediate-to-advanced overview of the latest telecommunications networks, systems, applications and solutions in the competitive telecommunications marketplace.
Telephony and Internet carriers, and hardware and software providers, are deploying more advanced technologies, speed, capacity, and convergence. Even seasoned pros are challenged to stay current on fiber optic networks, gigabit and wireless LANs, DSL, broadband, PCS, 3rd and 4th generation wireless data, VoIP, CTI, CRM, WWW-enabled call centers, and dozens of other systems and applications. The emergence of IP based networks and services with their benefits and limitations will be discussed. Further, communications convergence, multimedia applications, and E-commerce are of intense interest to telecommunications and IT professionals, all of which are covered in this workshop.
Who Should Attend
Executives, managers, and team members needing to take the 'next step' in their technical professional development and needing an update on technical directions for the mid-2000s will benefit from this seminar and its participants' handbook. Attendees often include participants from top management, finance, sales, marketing, project management, network engineers, customer service, operations, IT, and other departments and functions.
This program is not a bits and bytes dump developed only for engineers. If you have completed our Fundamentals of Telecommunications or equivalent, and have at least two years experience in the industry, this workshop is for you.
- Examine how the PSTN is morphing into an IP-enabled, feature centric platform.
- Demystify carrying voice phone calls over LANs, WANs and the Internet — learn how VoIP and IP Telephony work.
- Who are the likely survivors and losers in the changing Telecommunications marketplace?
- Where do service providers, ISPs, cable companies and fiber to the premises fit into the communications environment?
- Compare the emerging alternatives in high-speed access and transport?
- Discover the worlds of Unified Messaging and Unified Communications.
- Explore how LANs and WANs are evolving into high-speed converged networks.
- See how PBXs are evolving into server-based IP platforms for today and tomorrow.
- Investigate the WWW mandate for business — E-commerce — technology, applications, trends and issues.
- Drill down on convergence — explore voice and data applications on the same networks/systems.
- Examine a world without wires — new directions in wireless technology.
- Understand your vendors and techs — be ready to ask smarter questions.
A leader in live technical training since 1978
For many years New Instruction, LLC had been known as an innovative provider of training, consulting and software development services, and clients have often asked us to share our software quality methodologies with them. Those requests led to the development of our longest running workshop, "Testing and Quality Assurance Techniques", now in it's 11th edition.