Introduction to Perl Programming
Live Instructor-Led Classroom Training
This 3- or 4-day hands-on workshop will provide a complete introduction to one of the most powerful, useful and easy-to-use scripting languages, still arguably the most popular on the planet, used in companies and academic institutions around the world. We will cover all the basic data types, control structures and tools for reading and writing to files, communicating with other programs, and manipulating data. At the conclusion of this workshop you will be able to create scripts that can process text, read and manipulate filesystems, execute or send signals to external processes, and perform many other tasks central to programming, system administration, network administration, and many other areas of IT.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is geared toward programmers, system administrators, webmasters, system support specialists, and network administrators.
- Write and run Perl programs.
- Read and modify existing programs.
- Use Perl's built-in data structures: Scalars, Arrays and Hashes.
- Use Perl's loop control structures: if, while and foreach.
- Understand how Perl handles its data and how it interprets the user's syntax.
- Open, read and write files.
- Understand how to find more information and continue to develop as programmers.
A leader in live technical training since 1978
For many years New Instruction, LLC had been known as an innovative provider of training, consulting and software development services, and clients have often asked us to share our software quality methodologies with them. Those requests led to the development of our longest running workshop, "Testing and Quality Assurance Techniques", now in it's 11th edition.